Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is perhaps (much like Labor Day) a holiday that never held much importance in my life until I had a proper 9-5 job with paid holidays. Money aside, I am genuinely thankful for this Thanksgiving. I have been meaning to add more to this blog recently but time has been hard to come by and tonight I am drunk from wine and stuffing. Thus, the only thing I can offer you is this new Voxtrot song from our forthcoming EP (Spring 2006, fingers crossed) entiteld Mothers Sisters Daughters and Wives.

Thus far we have three of the projected five recorded, and I can promise you it has been a lengthy yet rewarding process. One song had to be completely re-recorded, which resulted in kind of a major set back but it was completely worth it. In addition we were lucky enough to be helped out by some very talented musicians who contributed violin, cello, trumpet, and french horn to the new songs. They all played beautifully, and I cannot for the life of me remember their full names. I'm sure Jared would be able to fill you in on their names/side projects, if he happens to read this entry.

You can listen to the new song here.

Love,
Ramesh

2 Comments:

Blogger luzerka i jadnica said...

lurrrve yer new song. and i hope you'll be this good even when you become next big thing in universe.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, this has messed up twice already, but here i am posting names again...

matt bricker played trumpet. he did a wonderful job. thanks to evan jacobs for introducing me to matt and getting us together. and for trumpeting around the room himself for a bit. their 'side project', as it was referred to, is the polyphonic spree.

nathan stein played french horn. he plays in tacks the boy disaster with the aforementioned mr. jacobs, and has played with me as a member of the press and a thousand other little musical adventures.

leah zeger played violin. her 'side-project' is the austin symphony orchestra. i'm enjoying this whole side-project thing. anyway, she was amazing.

and finally, last but not least, travis jeffords played cello. which sounds really nice, and he did a great a job.

so thanks to all of them for their help. hopefully it won't be the end of our musical collaboration...

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home